Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hello.

Ever since I can remember I have been obsessed with food - which gets to be rather expensive after awhile. But ever since I moved to Manhattan in 2006 the obsession has grown to epic levels. Since I have so many food-related thoughts and have admired so many food blogs for so long, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and create one of my very own. Before deciding to sign up for a blog I sat here and tried to decide whether or not I had the guts to do it. And then I decided why the hell not. I love to cook. I love to eat. I just got a brand new DSLR camera that I am obsessed with.  What other requirements are there?

As for the decision on what to call my blog, when I was in college one of my part-Asian friends described both of us as a "slice of rice" and I loved it. Even though most people think that I am anything but half-Asian, my mother is Chinese and I have a serious love for all things Asian. So that is where the name came from. Thanks Sara!  My mom would be so proud.


This blog is supposed to do a few things.  First, it will force me to try new recipes and share some of my old faves with everyone.  I have a huge library of cookbooks sitting on a bookshelf, and old issues of Gourmet, Bon Appetite and Food & Wine that are just begging to be used.  And seeing as I just graduated from law school this spring and started working, I have far less time on my hands then I used to.  Hopefully this will give me the kick in the butt I need to keep cooking and trying new things.  Next, seeing as I spend so much time, energy and money eating out at different restaurants in NYC I thought I would share some of my thoughts on the NYC dining scene with everyone.  And I have a lot of thoughts!  Lastly, this is supposed to be fun.  A blog that combines all of my favorite things, minus shopping - what could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment