Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Roast Corn with Spicy Miso Butter


I was pretty shocked to see fresh ears of corn still at the farmers' market this past weekend, but I bought a few on the off chance that they were still good.  Given that I wasn't sure how fresh and sweet the corn would be I thought it would be good to both cook it and slather it in some source of sauce.  I settled on this spicy miso butter because I thought it looked significantly different from anything we had made with corn in the past.  I also thought it would be fun to pair a savory and spicy butter with the roasted sweet corn.  Turns out that despite my skepticism, the corn was pretty sweet.  I actually asked Alex if there was any sugar in the miso butter.  While this recipe works really nicely with fresh sweet corn from the farmers' market, the miso butter packs enough of a punch that you could totally use it on out of season corn.  For a quasi-Asian barbeque I think this would make an excellent side.  The one thing I will note is that the miso butter was nowhere near as spicy as I had thought it would be given the amount of Sriracha and cayenne in it.  It was actually very mellow.  But delicious.

Recipe after the jump!




Roast Corn with Spicy Miso Butter
Adapted from Serious Eats

INGREDIENTS:6 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp white miso paste
1 tbsp Sriracha
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4 ears corn
s&p

Whisk together 4 tablespoons butter, miso, Sriracha, and cayenne in a small bowl. Set aside.

Butter corn with remaining butter, season with salt and pepper, and wrap ears individually in aluminum foil.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place foil-wrapped corn in the oven and cook until tender and slightly charred, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 3 to 5 minutes.

Open foiled corn, slather each ear in spicy miso butter, and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment