Thursday, October 28, 2010

My newest obsession...

So I have an obsession with and/or addiction to the Schnitzel & Things truck, which parks outside my office in Midtown at least once a week.  This truck, does CRAZY business and it's not uncommon to wait in line for 20 minutes, just to place your order.  And then you wait another 10-15 minutes to pick up your order.  For instance, this morning one of my coworkers and I headed down to the truck just after noon (we'll say we left the office at 12:05 and arrived in line at roughly 12:10 pm).  At 12:41 pm we were still waiting to pick up our order.  And at no times was the number of people waiting in line to order less than twenty or so (some of whom are placing orders for what seems like their entire office).  So we waited.  And waited some more.  By the time you pick up your food 30-40 minutes later you're almost convinced that there is no way that it could possibly be worth waiting for so long.  But it is.  Their pork schnitzel is unbelievable.  Try it with either the spicy sriracha mayo, or the ginger, scallion and garlic relish (I think I might prefer the relish, but my friend prefers the spicy mayo).  And get it with a side of braised sauerkraut (this is a schnitzel truck afterall, how can you pass up the kraut) and the roasted beet and feta salad.  If you get there early enough you should also give the Austrian potato salad a try because it is really good, but they always run out.  I have never tried their chicken or cod schnitzel, but I hear that both are really good too.

For their schedule, you can either check out their blog or sign up for their Twitter feed.  The truck only operates between the hours of 11:30 am and 2 pm, and the line will be long, but it is well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment