Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lake Tahoe


Hey look, we're back!  Skiing in Tahoe with the family was wonderful, but it's really nice to be home.  I'm looking forward to some home-cooked meals and my own bed for a few nights before we are off to Austin, Texas next weekend.  Don't get me wrong - I love traveling, but this much traveling is exhausting.  We did have a few nice meals in Tahoe, but after eating lunch on the mountain every day and dinner at a restaurant, all I want are simple, homemade meals.  But if any of you find yourself in South Lake Tahoe anytime in the near future, definitely try Artemis Mediterranean Grill.  The food is great and relatively inexpensive.  We ate dinner there twice because after our first meal there my father (whose typical review of any meal is that it was "fine") declared that if Artemis existed in Maryland it would be on his regular rotation.  That is HUGE praise for my father.  And I can't say that I disagreed - the shrimp souvlaki platter was really nice (with nicely cooked shrimp, tasty homemade tabbouleh and garlicky, creamy skordalia), the lamb gyro pita was fabulously lamby, the Artemis fries were crispy and tasty, the chocolate galaktoboureko was delicious....  I would go on but I think you get the point.  It was a really nice dinner option.  Another option for cheap, tasty Mexican is Jalisco Grill.  But beware - it is closed on Sundays.  On that note, I think it is time to hit the grocery store and re-stock our kitchen.  The fridge is pretty much empty right now and if we are planning on cooking dinner tonight and tomorrow it's time for some groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment