Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Oops... I missed Chinese New Year!

So it literally just hit me five minutes ago while I was sitting at my desk that we missed Chinese New Year this year!  We have been traveling so much (we were in Tahoe for Chinese New Year) that the month of February flew by without my noticing that we skipped our annual series of dishes in honor of Chinese New Year.  As Alex would say, "nuts to that."  I promise to get back on track and start up some Chinese New Year meals in March.  I guess that means it is time to start busting out my cookbooks again!  Off the top of my head I am thinking a beef stir-fry, some tofu, some chicken, some noodles...  I know we ought to make some dumplings from scratch too but we'll see how ambitious I get.  I guess I will have to sit down and figure it out.  And then I have to hit Chinatown for ingredients.  Hurry for fun cooking experiments!  Boo for completely missing Chinese New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment