Thursday, May 27, 2010

Roast Asparagus


Asparagus is and always has been one of my favorite vegetables.  During the spring I make it in every way possible.  Once asparagus is no longer in season I move onto zucchini and summer squash.  But while asparagus is in season I eat it as often as I can.  One of my favorite things about asparagus is that you can simply roast it in a cast iron pan with evoo, s&p - sometimes sprinkled with Parmigiano-Reggiano, and sometimes not, and it always tastes amazing.  You can do essentially the same thing with a grill, but I think the asparagus tastes even better in a cast iron pan.

Recipe after the jump!



Roast Asparagus

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
1 tbsp evoo
s&p
1 tsp Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Add asparagus to a 10 or 12-inch cast iron pan.  Drizzle with evoo, s&p.  Toss to coat.  Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.  Add Parm-Reg, and then roast for another 2-5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender and cheese is melted.

Serve warm.  Don't forget to scrape up the crispy cheese bits on the bottom of the cast iron pan - they are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment