Monday, March 21, 2011

Taim


I have to say that it has been very good food weekend.  Saturday Alex and I had some really nice Thai with his family, then we hit Co. for dinner.  Sunday we found ourselves in the West Village around lunchtime and we decided to go to Taim for lunch.  I have never beer to Taim before, but I have been trying to visit for years.  When I was at NYU I ate a lot of falafel sandwiches at Mamoun's because it was close to campus and cheap.  But every time I ate at Mamoun's I would think about how one day when I had more time I should venture over to Taim.  And I finally got my chance.  So Alex and I decided to try out two of their different types of falafel - the original "green" falafel and the harissa falafel.  On a whim I decided to also order a side of fried eggplant.  I have never had eggplant with this texture - it was crispy on the outside and very tender on the inside.  Considering the fact that eggplant soaks up oil like a sponge and becomes quite heavy, this eggplant was incredibly light.  As for the falafel, it was by far the best falafel that I have ever tasted.  The texture was mindblowing - with a crunchy exterior and a very tender interior.  The fresh herbal flavors of the green falafel were really nice, but the harissa falafel was amazing.  I loved the slightly spicy harissa falafel balls with the addition of the cabbage and the Israeli salad.  It was brilliant. 

More pictures after the jump!




No comments:

Post a Comment