Friday, June 3, 2011

Roasted Wild Mushrooms with Rosemary and Garlic Oil


Mushrooms don't show up in our apartment a lot.  We go months without cooking mushrooms and when we do cook them, they're usually just one component in a dish - part of a stir-fry or one of several toppings on a pizza.  Although I really enjoy mushrooms, I almost never cook up a side of just mushrooms.  I don't know why that is.  I guess we all have our go-to dishes or ingredients.  Mushrooms just don't happen to be one of mine.  And every time I cook them I wonder why I don't make them more often.  Because roasted mushrooms are good - meaty, hearty and flavorful.  If you toss them with a homemade garlic oil they are just that much better.  I know they aren't pretty, nor are they earth-shattering, but they are yummy and very easy to make.

Recipe after the jump!



Roasted Wild Mushrooms with Rosemary and Garlic Oil

INGREDIENTS:
12 oz. wild mushrooms (we used a combination of beech mushrooms, king oyster mushrooms and shiitake mushrooms), trimmed and rubbed clean
garlic evoo (evoo brought to a simmer with whole crushed garlic cloves and strained)
1 sprig rosemary
s&p

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Toss mushrooms with 1-2 tbsp garlic evoo, rosemary and s&p.  Spread out in one even layer on a rimmed baking sheet or in a cast iron pan.  Roast until mushrooms start to turn golden brown in places, about 10-12 minutes.

Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment