Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!


Unlike most New Yorkers, Alex and I opted for a "staycation" for Independence Day.  Don't get me wrong, if we had access to a house in the Hamptons (or anywhere at the beach really) we would probably be there, but we both actually like staying in the city on a holiday weekend when most people are gone.  The streets are (relatively) empty, as are a lot of the typical tourist attractions.  Our day thus far?  Grabbing the perfect Fourth of July lunch at Luke's Lobster on the UES - a seafood schooner combo with a lobster roll.  I'm pretty sure that this is like the fourth time I have mentioned Luke's Lobster on this blog, but I just can't help it.  It really is amazing.  And since I finally thought to bring my camera with me I decided to take some pictures to share with my friends and family!  Eat your heart out guys.  We followed up our lunch at Luke's with a trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (at Alex's request).  While I have been several times, Alex has somehow neglected all of the museums in NYC, as well as the vast majority of other tourist attractions.  He and I had visited the Met briefly once before and he has been talking about going back to view more of the collection for a few months now.  Who knew my husband had such a thing for museums and Greek sculpture and/or pottery?

Since it's a holiday weekend and I refuse to cook, we're currently duking it out over where to go for dinner.  And when I say duking it out I really mean there is a lot of "well where do you want to go?  I don't know.  Where do YOU want to go?"  In Alex's case there's a lot of "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."  Stay tuned to see what we decide!

Another picture of my lobster roll lunch after the jump!



No comments:

Post a Comment