Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chinese New Year 2011


So for Chinese New Year in 2010 we did an entire week of Asian-inspired meals.  If I recall correctly, we did Korean, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese and Japanese dishes - all in 7 days, plus a dessert...  So Chinese New Year is quickly approaching (it's February 3, 2011 for those of you who are interested) and I'm not sure that we will have the time or the energy to prepare for another weeklong Asian food fest.  But I promise that we will make a week's worth of Asian-inspired meals by the end of February!  I have all sorts of Asian recipes I want to try - a pork meatball banh mi, a Vietnamese shrimp and pork stir fry, a tofu dengaku, etc.  We will also have to do a noodle recipe and perhaps a dumpling recipe since both are traditional Chinese New Year treats.  So bear with me!  I promise that more posts are forthcoming, and I think they will be delicious.

1 comment: